QSuper wins Chant West Innovation award for members
26 May 2021
Helping you feel confident that your retirement savings are in safe hands in an ever-changing environment has been acknowledged at the Chant West Super Fund Awards, with QSuper winning the Chant West Innovation award for 2021.1
The Chant West awards recognise superannuation industry best practice across a range of categories for funds that have achieved excellence and are doing a great job for their members.
Winning the Chant West Best Fund: Innovation is recognition of our resilience in an ever-changing environment, our industry-leading initiatives, and our ability to support members and give them confidence that their best years are ahead of them.
Chant West Best Fund: Innovation
QSuper has continued to innovate and drive change within the super industry despite the challenges of the past year.
The launch of our industry-first retirement product, Lifetime Pension, gives eligible members an income for life, so they feel more confident about their future and more confident about enjoying their retirement today. Launched in March this year, members have already invested more than $20 million of their super in the product to receive a fortnightly pension and the comfort of knowing they have an additional source of income for life.
How Lifetime Pension works
The main purpose of QSuper’s Lifetime Pension is our aim to pay people a higher income with less risk. It’s for people to have the confidence to actually spend that amount of money they need and feel comfortable that the money is not going to run out.
- Income for life: Receive an income for the rest of your life, and the life of your spouse (if you've chosen the spouse protection option), no matter how long you live.
- Spouse protection: You can choose to have payments continue to be paid to your spouse after you pass away, giving you the security of knowing they'll be financially supported in your absence.
- Money-back protection: The Lifetime Pension is designed so that you receive your purchase price back in fortnightly payments, or the remainder goes to your beneficiaries once you pass away.2
Our members are our purpose
When QSuper wins our members win.
QSuper’s Chief of Member Experience, Jason Murray said the award recognised QSuper’s resilience in an ever-changing environment, the fund’s industry-leading initiatives, and its ability to support its members while continuing to deliver strong long-term returns.
Our members are our purpose. QSuper has been uniquely positioned to adjust quickly to the unfolding needs of our members and customers in the past 12 months, Mr Murray said.
“We aim to provide our members with more certainty and confidence in retirement. Regardless of the changing world around us, we continue to deliver on our promise to give members a regular income in retirement while we focus on growing their savings.”
1. Awarded 26 May 2021. Chant West does not issue, sell, guarantee, or underwrite this product. For further information about the methodology used by Chant West, see chantwest.com.au. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Awards and ratings are only one factor when deciding how to invest your super.
2. Money-back protection may be subject to legislative maximums and adjustments for negative returns. Further details are available in the QSuper Product Disclosure Statement for Income Account and Lifetime Pension (pdf).
The opinions expressed and those providing comments are theirs alone and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of the QSuper Board. You should seek advice for your circumstances.