Our fees are among the lowest in the country
Our Income account won Money magazine's Best Balanced Pension Product for 2020.
How QSuper compares to other top performing super funds
Super is there to help provide you with financial security when you stop working, so it makes sense to choose a top performing super fund. Finding a superannuation fund that tops the charts when it comes to investment returns can give you peace of mind both before and after retirement, but lists of 'Top 10 super funds' can vary depending on the timeframe or source used. Here's what to consider when comparing the top super funds.
Your retirement savings will be built over a lifetime, so when choosing a super fund, MoneySmart says not to chase last year's top performer.1 Instead, when comparing top 10 super funds, look at long-term investment returns, as they may give a more complete picture of how a super fund is tracking.2
The Balanced investment option for our Accumulation account has produced strong returns with fewer ups and downs over the past 10 years.3
10 year annual return - Balanced option 4
SuperRatings Fundamentals Reports, 30 June 2019. For the QSuper Balanced option.6
How much you'll pay in fees is another factor that will impact how much money you'll have when you retire. When comparing the top 10 super funds, consider whether they offer value for money when delivering quality investment outcomes.
QSuper members can feel confident they are getting great value-for-money, in addition to strong performance. Our administration and investment management fees are among the lowest of any super fund in Australia.5
Join half a million Australians who are already enjoying the QSuper feeling.
Members of top performing super funds are confident with how their super is tracking, and recommend their chosen super brand to others.
Our members feel satisfied with their investment returns – which is why QSuper is rated the number #1 fund for member satisfaction with financial performance.7
We've also been rated the most recommended superannuation brand by our members.8
Source: Roy Morgan Single Source (Australia), 6 months to April 2019.
When choosing a super fund, it's important to consider other factors including what services and benefits are on offer, along with investment performance and fees. You can use SuperRatings' comparison tool to see how QSuper compares to other superannuation funds in the areas of:
This comparison tool is run by research provider SuperRatings and includes more than 200 funds.
Awarded to the fund with the best value for money pension offering.
Judged Money magazine’s Best of the Best 2020 for Best Balanced Pension Product.
Since 2006, our Accumulation account has received the 10-year Platinum performance rating.
1. Source: MoneySmart. Accessed 21 June 2019.
2. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
3. Past performance may not be a reliable indicator of future performance. QSuper’s Accumulation account, Balanced Option only, ranked fourth. The Chant West data is based on information provided by third parties that is believed to be accurate at 30 June 2019. Returns reflected after investment fees and tax. Chant West’s Financial Services Guide is available at chantwest.com.au
4. For the financial years 2009 to 2019. Past performance may not be a reliable indicator of future performance. QSuper’s Accumulation account, Balanced Option only. The return is an compound annualised return reflected after administration fees, investment fees and tax. Disclosed/reported investment returns reflect the returns of the fund and not member returns of the investment options as they do not take into account the timing of contributions, investment switches or withdrawals.
5. Chant West Super Fund Fee Survey, March 2019. The Chant West data is based on information provided by third parties that is believed to be accurate. Chant West does not issue, sell, guarantee, or underwrite this product. The findings are based on account balances of $25,000 and $50,000. Only administration and investment fees and costs are covered. Fees are gross of income tax. Go to chantwest.com.au for further information about the methodology used and Chant West’s Financial Services Guide. For the QSuper Investment options: Lifetime option Focus 1, Aggressive, Growth and Moderate.
6. The annual fee for QSuper Balanced options comprises of the investment fee, indirect cost ratio, and admin fee (%p.a.) which are based on the fees and costs for the financial year ended 30 June 2019. The total fees and any other applicable fees are deducted daily from the unit price before the unit price is declared and may differ from future fees and costs. The Average Super Fund annual fee is modelled on a small ($500K) employer size and is sourced from SuperRatings Fundamentals Reports, 30 June 2019. SuperRatings does not issue, sell, guarantee, or underwrite this product. Go to superratings.com.au for details of criteria used. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
7. Roy Morgan, Superannuation Satisfaction: Satisfaction with Financial Performance of superannuation in Australia. 6 months to April 2019, n=16,649, Base: Australians aged 14+ with work based or personal superannuation. 15 largest super funds based on customer numbers.
8. Engaged Strategy September 2018 Superannuation Consumer Loyalty and Recommendation Study. Survey of more than 1700 Australians, using the Net Promoter Score framework, in conjunction with customer experience, loyalty and brand metrics. More information and methodology available www.engagedstrategy.com.au