#1 fund for weathering market ups and downs3
SuperRatings' Pension of the Year three years in a row4
Due to required maintenance, QSuper Member Online will be unavailable from 9pm Friday, 27th November to 9am Saturday, 28th November 2020. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Enjoy the tax benefits of super both before and during retirement
Superannuation tax rates are generally lower than tax on income and investment earnings outside of super. This makes super one of the most tax-effective ways to save for your future, with benefits you can also enjoy today.
While there are rules around when you can access it, as an investment, super can give you tax advantages – both before and during retirement.
If you’re a QSuper member, make sure you give us your tax file number (TFN). Otherwise, you may pay more tax – up to 47% on your before-tax and employer Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions. If you provide your TFN, we can also accept eligible voluntary after-tax contributions from you.
Check your details in Member Online.
For more information on how superannuation is taxed, read our Tax Explanation factsheet.
There are some limits to how much you can contribute to your super fund each year. If you go above these limits, you may pay extra tax, so it's worth understanding how they work.
When it comes to making the most out of super's tax advantages, getting professional guidance can help.
As a QSuper member, you have access to financial advice.5
1. If your income plus before-tax contributions is more than $250,000, an additional tax of 15% will apply to your before-tax contributions that exceed the threshold.
2. Includes the Medicare Levy of 2%
3. After-tax (non-concessional) contribution limits apply. Read more about Contribution caps.
4. By claiming a tax deduction on your after-tax (non-concessional) contributions your super fund will treat them as before-tax (concessional) contributions. They will be subject to 15% contributions tax and count toward your before-tax contribution cap.
5. You can find out more about financial advice options or contact us.